- Course Agreements must be set up for a six-week period for
- Students must have individualized Course Agreements for every
subject he/she is programmed to take.
- Assign one academic core subject and one or more general
elective subjects for a maximum of six weeks.
- Submit signed and dated attendance rosters to Idy on the week
of the reporting period.
- Submit a copy of your attendance roster to the
Principal weekly on Fridays before you leave for the day for the
first month of school.
- Every student must receive a transitional assignment on the
last day of attendance with you.
- Do not permit a student to exit a course without an
assignment to complete and carry to the newly assigned teacher.
- Do not allow a week to elapse between the Transfer-Out (T/O)
and Transfer-In (T/I) dates. Otherwise, students would have
accrued a week of truancies due to no fault of their own. Also,
the new teacher will inherit a problem that could have been
Twelve-Week Semester Cycles
- Grading periods are a maximum of twelve weeks unless the
course is designated otherwise and approved by the Principal.
- Do not keep students longer than twelve (12) weeks in a core
subject without any intervention. The normal pace for a core
subject is six (10-12) weeks. If a student is not on schedule, it
means that he/she has missed work or is incapable of completing
the assignment on his/her own.
- After Students have completed a course, put grades into IC
and make a copy to give to the Counselor Nguyen. Include in work
sample copy of grade card (highlighted) course agreement and work
- Review student’s transcripts regularly to ensure that all
grades from the previous grading period are recorded.